******The clinic will be closed March 16 – April 30 in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in an attempt to help flatten the curve. We hope to re-open May 1, but will update this message if that changes based on public health recommendations.******
Receive acupuncture in a group setting while singing along to music, $15-$50 sliding scale. Singalongs are available only to existing patients. If you want to sign up for a singalong session but have never been to the clinic before, you’ll need to come in for a regular appointment first.
Saturdays at 10am (Singer-Songwriters)
December 28, 2019: Indigo Girls, some favorites from 1987-1997
January 4, 2020: Simon & Garfunkel, Concert in Central Park (Live)
January 11, 2020: Tracy Chapman, Tracy Chapman
January 18, 2020: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, So Far
January 25, 2020: Joni Mitchell, Blue
Tuesdays at 6pm (Musicals)
December 17, 2019: Buffy Musical, Once More with Feeling
January 7, 2020: Hamilton, Disc 1
January 14, 2020: Hamilton, Disc 2
January 21, 2020: Rent, Disc 1
January 28, 2020: Rent, Disc 2
Don’t see a day/time that works for you, or want to suggest a genre or album for future singalongs? Fill out the singalongs suggestion form!
Coming Soon: Private Singalongs
Wish you could choose your own music and come with just your friends? In 2020 we’ll start booking private group singalongs. If you’re interested, use our contact form to get in touch.
Singing opens up the lungs, stretches the diaphragm, moves qi, boosts your immune system, improves sleep, releases endorphins, increases oxygen flow to your brain, tones the vagus nerve to reduce the effects of trauma, and lowers anxiety and stress. The vibration of your singing will stimulate the needles and increase the communciation happening in your connective tissue and nervous system.
What to Expect
- Each session is based on a specific album or playlist, so the length will vary from around 40 to 60 minutes. Double albums will be broken into two sessions.
- Make sure you know the words so you can sing along the whole time. Try to listen to the album/playlist at least once before you come to make sure you recognize all the songs. If any are unfamiliar, feel free to bring lyrics with you.
- Arrive a few minutes before the start time to pay for your treatment and get settled in your recliner.
- There will be no intake questions. Everyone will get the same acupuncture treatment focused on moving lung qi and calming the nervous system. Nasal points to open the sinuses are optional.
- The album/playlist will play loudly over the clinic speaker.
- Sing your heart out!
- When the playlist is almost over, the needles will be removed.
It’s okay for your voice to crack, to sing the background music if you forget a few words, to try a harmony or two, or to go a little off-key. Because everyone is singing to the ceiling, you’ll be able to hear that other people are singing, but you’ll mostly hear the speaker, just like singing along in your car. No one is listening to you, and the stakes could not be lower!
(But you do need to sing — no spectators!)
Join a Singalong!
Come to one singalong, come to a whole series, or come to a couple from each, whatever you like. Choose a series below, then select the specific date(s) for the albums you like to reserve a seat. (This is a little clunky due to the reservation software, sorry!)